Sunday, April 22, 2018

On your arrival...

Hey Sweet Pea,

This one is just for you. I want to tell you a little bit about how you came to be and what you mean to me. As I write this you currently have a nice 1 bedroom apartment in your mom's tummy. You've been there for about 20 weeks and you'll move into our house in about 20 more weeks.You have a heart and a brain - you have a name and it's written on my heart forever. I've been reading you Harry Potter at night and you kicked me in the face the other day.

Carolyn and I found out we were pregnant with you before a trip to California - she told me by putting a bun in the oven one night when I got home from work. My heart skipped several beats - we'll show you the video she took sometime. I couldn't believe you were coming to us - from nothing to a being of near infinite potential.

Our first appointment they basically just check the hormone that shows ladies are pregnant in urine - very charming. Our second appointment we saw you growing - you were only 12 weeks old - but I listened to your heart pounding at 180 beats per minute while you grew your incredible heart. Our last appointment we found out that you would be a little girl - and I melted.

In an instant visions of Donuts with Dad at kindergarten and holding you while you cry about the first asshole who breaks your heart came rushing into my mind. The world can be a big and scary place - but you will conquer your fears and risk failure to become the person you want to be - and your mother and I will always be in your corner as you chase down your dreams.

It's hard to explain how much you mean to us already. Your mom is upset because she always has to clarify when I ask "how's my baby doing?" which baby I'm talking about.

Anyways, keep doing your thing in there. Try to do your karate kicks periodically - your mom seems to gets nervous if she doesn't feel you dancing every couple of hours.

See you soon sweetheart.

Love always,

Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment